The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

When Have You Seen What Might Be "God's Timing"?

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6489
    Geek-Cred : 56

When Have You Seen What Might Be "God's Timing"?

Post  Paeter on February 15th 2018, 10:36 am

Now sure what name to give this kind of thing, but I'm talking about what others might call coincidence which may or may not actually be God orchestrating events specifically to get our attention or bless us in some way.

I think I've shared on the podcast before how God seemed to orchestrate the selection of Ephesians for our podcast/youtube Bible study through multiple unrelated events in my life. More recently, as I've been considering doing something in Proverbs next, God has done some similar things to bring Proverbs into my life.

Most recently, I was driving yesterday and reflecting on what a blessing my relationship with Holly has been as we prepared to have a cozy Valentine's evening at home, and I realized that the last two weeks of our study in Ephesians have been about marriage. (Anyone else notice that interesting timing with Valentine's Day?)

I don't consider myself superstitious, and I don't assume that every coincidence is a message from God. But from time to time he does seem to use timing like this in my life to get my attention or do something.

Has anyone else ever noticed any instances of what may be "God's Timing" in your life? I'd love to hear about it!

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Re: When Have You Seen What Might Be "God's Timing"?

Post  Reed Benson on February 15th 2018, 7:53 pm

I think this counts...

In my part of China, it gets really cold in the winter, so every home is heated by coal-burning plants. Everyone pays the heating fee, and all the houses get heated either through radiators or floor heating. In previous winters, our home has been very hot, nearly suffocating. We've often opened windows to cool things down (but that's not always a good plan because of all the pollution outside).

This year started hot - at least 28ºC/82ºF in our apartment. But it started to cool down in January, and now it hangs around 22º or 23ºC/71º or 73ºF. This is the first time it's been that cool inside after the heating has turned on in as many years as I've lived here.

At first, I was really upset and discouraged by it because it's hard to warm all the way up after coming home from outside. But then I was reminded that pregnant women are not supposed to be overheated. Since my wife is pregnant, the normal high heat would've been unbearable for her. These cooler temperatures have been a blessing in disguise.
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6489
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on February 16th 2018, 10:13 am

Reed Benson wrote:I I was reminded that pregnant women are not supposed to be overheated. Since my wife is pregnant, the normal high heat would've been unbearable for her. These cooler temperatures have been a blessing in disguise.

Wow, that's really cool! Thanks for sharing that!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 22nd 2018, 9:08 am