Rattlesnakes or "buzzing box"?

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6383
    Geek-Cred : 56

Rattlesnakes or "buzzing box"?

Post  Paeter on March 14th 2018, 10:44 am

Okay folks!

After re-arranging my office I found my old "Zobmondo!!" book and thought, "Hey, HERE'S a fun way to stimulate conversation on the forums!" A number of them have a fantastical element, too, which lends itself well to geek conversation.

If you're not familiar with Zobmondo, it's basically "would you rather" with some rules:

1. You must choose one or the other. Comments that choose some form of "neither" are invalid.

2. You can't doctor-up the situation to make it easier for yourself. No drowning that bowl of crickets in ketchup before eating them. No resolving to have that ugly growth removed. (Or in the example below, no having paramedics or anti-venom ready on standby.) You have to live with your choice, As It Is Written.

You ARE, however, encouraged to explain why your choice would be less difficult for you than the alternative.

FIRST UP!

Would you rather stick your hand into a sealed box of rattlesnakes, or stick your hand into a box filled with unknown contents that are making a mechanical buzzing sound?

Personally, since I can't assume I would make it to a hospital in time to survive multiple rattlesnake bites, I'd have to go with the unknown box. But you have no idea how much that bothers me. I have GREAT fear of the unknown. I'm imagining that the box is filled with spinning blades and my hand is as good as gone.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings

Activity : 742
    Geek-Cred : 3

Re: Rattlesnakes or "buzzing box"?

Post  AdamCollings on March 14th 2018, 5:33 pm

Shocked

Neiter sounds appealing.

I think I would probably choose the unknown mechanical option. I know that rattlesnakes are deadly, so that box indicates certain death. However, the mystery object causing the mechanical sound may or may not be harmful.

Then again, if the sound is an actual buzz, that could indicate a powertool like a saw. That could seriously mess up a hand, so while it wouldn't kill me, it would be significantly more painful. But would I rather lose a hand, and be here for my kids, or die and leave them fatherless? Is it possible the snakes may not bite me. Possibly, but not something I'd want to gamble.

I don't want to do either.....I really don't pale

Okay. Buzzing box it is. affraid
    Reed Benson

Activity : 400
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson on March 14th 2018, 7:05 pm

Definitely the buzzing box. It might cut fingers or hands off, but it could also just be a vibrating cell phone or a harmless toy. The rattlesnakes would definitely bite me, and the venom would kill me (barring some protection from the Lord like Daniel in the lion's den or Paul when he got bit).
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 608
    Geek-Cred : 6

Post  jorowi on March 15th 2018, 8:27 am

I'll go with the rattlesnakes. If I do it slowly enough they won't bite. Also, I'll have a cool story to tell if I survive.

Twitter

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 22nd 2018, 8:28 pm