50% [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 830
    Geek-Cred : 39

Re: Should We Move To Facebook?

Post  mindspike on May 30th 2018, 7:38 pm

Also Forum Motion comes with a lot of coding options that we basically never use but that I have to update every time they update the software. G+ would offload that work.

Since I actually do use G+ I’ll add both the CGC and Spirit Blade communities to my routine and see what happens.

Opposing Forces powered by Fate!
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on June 21st 2018, 9:23 am

mindspike wrote:Also Forum Motion comes with a lot of coding options that we basically never use but that I have to update every time they update the software. G+ would offload that work.

Since I actually do use G+ I’ll add both the CGC and Spirit Blade communities to my routine and see what happens.

Wow, thanks so much, Winston. But I definitely want to simplify and lighten your load as soon as possible.

STATUS UPDATE (PATREON)

Since the conversation here has slowed pretty much to a standstill I wanted to inject a new variable into the mix, and that's Patreon.

As you may or may not know, I'll be launching a Patreon for SBP/CGC in August, with a $1/month Tier available to make it as accessible as possible. For those not familiar, Patreon is a platform that allows content creators to make and deliver exclusive content, incentives or rewards for those who choose to financially support them on a monthly basis. I will talk about the full range of tiers and rewards/incentives in a few more weeks, but at $1/month users would be able to post and comment on the community page for our Patreon. It looks a lot like a facebook group page rather than a forum that can be organized by topic.

I'm not saying this would replace anything else that has been suggested here. But it will be a community interaction point that will automatically be coming with Patreon.

Additionally, for those who may be concerned that the intimacy of our small community here might be lost as we make changes and grow, Patreon will provide an avenue that (while hopefully still eventually more populated than this one) will have a stronger degree of "closeness" than other connection points we may create.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on June 21st 2018, 9:40 am

Okay, so I finished re-reading this whole thread and now that E3 is behind me I'm ready to dig into this a little.

I'm up for trying pretty much everything suggested at some point. But to start with something manageable I think it might be best to add a Facebook Group and Google+ for now. Once those are up, either myself or Tim will let everyone here know so they can go check those connection points out if they want to.

Tim, Winston and John (Wilkerson), I'll probably send a group e-mail to you guys shortly to talk about a few details and get your input.

Everyone else, please feel free to continue leaving ideas or feedback here.

Thanks, everybody!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is August 14th 2018, 2:40 pm