Prayer for Work

jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 649
    Geek-Cred : 6

Prayer for Work

Post  jorowi on June 4th 2018, 9:18 am

Hey brothers and sisters,

I'm having a tough day at work today. In fact, the last few weeks have been really tough. Some of it is my attitude (I recognize that).

I'm unmotivated. I find it hard to find joy in my work. My new boss asked me what I'd like to do differently and the response was, "We don't have anything like that here."

Too much is expected from us. We went from a 6-person staff to 5 people two years ago. We have to support 800 people and over 1,100 desktops, laptops, and servers. Everyone is behind. There is no relief in sight.

It's a toxic environment. Nobody is happy and everyone complains constantly (even me).

I want to leave but every time I've looked in the past the pay is so much lower than what I'm earning that we'd end up on Food Stamps. We're talking 10K-20K less than what I earn now which is 15K less than the median income in my town. In addition, our health insurance would go through the roof and with 6 kids in the house that's important.

I've felt stuck for years. It's affecting me mentally, spiritually, and physically. I really need something to change.

Twitter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6525
    Geek-Cred : 56

Re: Prayer for Work

Post  Paeter on June 4th 2018, 9:35 am

I am so sorry, John. I'm praying for God to help you endure and discern at least some of his purpose or opportunity for you in the moment. Praying for other work to present itself or for changes to come to your work environment. Praying Psalm 86 for you this morning. Hang in there.

www.spiritblade.com
    fxruizx

Activity : 166
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  fxruizx on June 4th 2018, 11:33 am

Praying for you and your family John Crying or Very sad
    Though my situation is not to the level yours is, I totally get the feeling of stuck-ness in my job.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is August 14th 2018, 2:40 pm