The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Titans Trailer

    Share
    avatar
    AdamCollings

    Posts : 747
    Activity : 879
    Geek-Cred : 6
    Join date : 2013-12-10
    Age : 40
    Location : Tasmania, Australia

    Titans Trailer

    Post  AdamCollings on July 19th 2018, 9:43 pm

    Wow. Greg Berlanti is stepping into some new territory with his latest DC series, Titans.

    (Language Warning)


    I would have expected Teen Titans to be the most CW-ish show of all, because it's about teenagers, but this seems extremely adult (at least in the surface ways).
    Teen Titans Go, this 'aint!
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4686
    Activity : 6679
    Geek-Cred : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Titans Trailer

    Post  Paeter on July 20th 2018, 8:57 am

    Yeah, I'm definitely planning to talk about this next week. I like a lot of what I see them going for, but the F-bomb feels like they're trying too hard to say "we're edgy". I can watch movies filled with F-bombs and not recoil, but this just didn't seem fitting. Hopefully its a sign that he will be transitioning to Nitewing very quickly, as that kind of edge feels all wrong for Robin but could work much more easily for me with Nitewing.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    jorowi
    Admin

    Posts : 511
    Activity : 703
    Geek-Cred : 6
    Join date : 2013-02-26
    Age : 45
    Location : FEMA Region II

    Re: Titans Trailer

    Post  jorowi on July 20th 2018, 9:01 am

    Since I have nothing nice to say, I will refrain from commenting on this trailer.


    _________________
    John Wilkerson
    Struggling for Purpose
    My YouTube Channel
    Twitter
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4686
    Activity : 6679
    Geek-Cred : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Titans Trailer

    Post  Paeter on July 20th 2018, 9:05 am

    jorowi wrote:Since I have nothing nice to say, I will refrain from commenting on this trailer.

    lol! Way to show restraint.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    AdamCollings

    Posts : 747
    Activity : 879
    Geek-Cred : 6
    Join date : 2013-12-10
    Age : 40
    Location : Tasmania, Australia

    Re: Titans Trailer

    Post  AdamCollings on July 21st 2018, 11:03 pm

    I haven't really said what I personally think of this yet. Here's something I posted in another community.


    Funny thing is, if I had access to this, I'd probably give it a chance. I'm not overly familiar with most of the Teen Titan characters, so have no real preconceived idea of how they should be portrayed. As for Robin, I don't mind story-tellers creating their own new take on these iconic characters, so I have no issue with him being angry at Batman, as long as it's well done and there are logical believable character motivations. It could add some interesting drama. I generally prefer my superheroes on the darker more serious side anyway. The big question is, is this just gonna have the trappings of edginess "let's throw in swear words and blood to make it all grown up", or will it actually have some proper mature grown-up storytelling with some depth. If the latter, then it has potential to be great. If the former, not so much.


    So basically, if I had the chance to see it, I'd give it a go, but I'm not gonna loose sleep over not having access to it. DC is so fragmented, so many different versions on screen at once. I'm just not sure I feel the need to invest in yet another version of the universe.
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4686
    Activity : 6679
    Geek-Cred : 56
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 40
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Titans Trailer

    Post  Paeter on July 23rd 2018, 5:38 pm

    AdamCollings wrote: The big question is, is this just gonna have the trappings of edginess "let's throw in swear words and blood to make it all grown up", or will it actually have some proper mature grown-up storytelling with some depth. If the latter, then it has potential to be great. If the former, not so much.

    Totally agree. Will be interesting to see what they do!


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    mindspike
    Admin

    Posts : 693
    Activity : 857
    Geek-Cred : 39
    Join date : 2010-08-24
    Age : 44
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Titans Trailer

    Post  mindspike on July 24th 2018, 2:13 pm

    Titans Trailer wrote:Crook: "Where's Batman!?!"

    Nightwing: "F*** Batman."

    This is not a promising start.

    Raven looks interesting, very horror show. But... Nightwing steps on a guy's neck and breaks it. Dove uses her razor-edged (!!) feathers to hamstring a guy. Starfire roasts some dude alive. .... and this was just the stuff I could make out from the trailer. Also, Starfire is *really* off model; it's like they just couldn't commit to the orange makeup and paid no attention to body shape. I get that alternate skin coloration on aliens/mutants is inconvenient to do, but we've got Hellboy, Gamora, and two versions of Mystique to prove that it's not really that hard.

    This is not my Teen Titans, not even remotely.


    _________________
    -Winston Crutchfield
    "The rational mind is dangerous; the Christian mind is devastating."
    http://criticalpressmedia.com
    Opposing Forces powered by Fate!
    avatar
    AGoodReed

    Posts : 48
    Activity : 69
    Geek-Cred : 1
    Join date : 2018-06-25
    Age : 35
    Location : China

    Re: Titans Trailer

    Post  AGoodReed on July 27th 2018, 1:51 am

    mindspike wrote:
    Titans Trailer wrote:Crook: "Where's Batman!?!"

    Nightwing: "F*** Batman."

    This is not a promising start.

    Raven looks interesting, very horror show. But... Nightwing steps on a guy's neck and breaks it. Dove uses her razor-edged (!!) feathers to hamstring a guy. Starfire roasts some dude alive. .... and this was just the stuff I could make out from the trailer. Also, Starfire is *really* off model; it's like they just couldn't commit to the orange makeup and paid no attention to body shape. I get that alternate skin coloration on aliens/mutants is inconvenient to do, but we've got Hellboy, Gamora, and two versions of Mystique to prove that it's not really that hard.

    This is not my Teen Titans, not even remotely.

    I'm with you. Too dark for me. I can take a dark movie, but a series keeps me in the darkness too long, and I get depressed. Plus, I hate Starfire's look.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Titans Trailer

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is December 18th 2018, 11:48 am