The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

MST3Khristian???

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6679
    Geek-Cred : 56

MST3Khristian???

Post  Paeter on September 24th 2018, 2:38 pm

Been doing some research on Christians in video game development. First I learned that the creator of Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood is a Christian, and then through association(he worked on a game with said developer) I learned that Mike Nelson, of MST3K and RiffTrax is an Evangelical Christian! He and his wife are very active in their local church and he's even a fellow William Lane Craig fan! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_J._Nelson

Maybe some of you knew that already, but it was big news to me! What a cool blessing to learn that someone who has been making me laugh for years is a brother I will meet and worship alongside one day.

So cool.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster

Activity : 2210
    Geek-Cred : 16

Re: MST3Khristian???

Post  Rickster on September 26th 2018, 4:08 pm

Thats really cool. Are you going to try and get any of them to be interviewed on your podcast?

I heard Scott Cawthon the guy behind the 5 nights at Freddy's games is a Christian
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6679
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on September 27th 2018, 8:41 am

Rickster wrote:Thats really cool. Are you going to try and get any of them to be interviewed on your podcast?

I heard Scott Cawthon the guy behind the 5 nights at Freddy's games is a Christian

Hadn't thought about Cawthon, as I've had little exposure to his games.

As far as I know only Mike Nelson is the only professing Christian on the MST3K/Rifftrax crew, and yes, my mind has been turning over the idea of reaching out to him. I'd first like to get more familiar with his online presence as a Christian, see what he's talked about and what he hasn't, and then consider how I might best approach him if that still seems like something worth pursuing.

So don't hold your breath, but don't rule it out!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is December 18th 2018, 12:53 pm