The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Video Games

    Share

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3480
    Activity : 5014
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Video Games

    Post  Paeter on July 2nd 2010, 5:52 pm

    Anyone playing some cool games right now?

    I haven't had much time for it lately, but I've been digging on Mass Effect 2. A shooter for a guy who sucks at shooters! Whoohoo!

    I also got a long distance buddy of mine "Neverwinter Nights" for 8 bucks. So we'll hopefully be connecting online and playing that soon!


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    WhiteBoy
    Moderator

    Posts : 683
    Activity : 800
    Geek-Cred : 12
    Join date : 2010-06-29
    Age : 43
    Location : Arkansas

    Re: Video Games

    Post  WhiteBoy on July 2nd 2010, 6:26 pm

    I mentioned elsewhere that I play WoW, and it pretty much takes up all my gaming time.

    I've heard so many good things about NWN, but never have had time to play it. Some friends and I had a blast playing through Dungeon Siege (1 & 2) together many years ago; I'm sure NWN would be a blast, too.


    _________________

    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

    Posts : 653
    Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Hackmodford on July 3rd 2010, 10:50 am

    Of Course!
    I just got my Pandora recently (like a couple weeks ago) and now that I've gotten all the glitches out of it I've just been enjoying playing old school video games as much as possible.
    Here's a youtube vid of me demoing mario64 on it...


    But I've gotten hooked on a game called "Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete" for the PS1
    This game is phenomenal! It's not too hard and has a really really good story! I've become very attached to most of the charectors and cannot wait to see how it plays out. This game was originally released for the SegaCD and then subsequently remade for sucessive platforms. Today it's even available on the PSP! Definatley worth playing if you like RPG's with a great story.

    Now on my iPod I was playing some good games but the pandora kinda stole my attention. "Prince of Persia: Warrior Within" I was playing. Also the Quest is like this really good old-school rpg where it's first person but turnbased. (I could imagine Paeter loving this game) Also 100 rogues is a great "modern" roguelike game.

    So yeah... I like video games but old ones in particular...


    _________________
    Click to Listen



    Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!

    kevbayer

    Posts : 17
    Activity : 19
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-02
    Age : 43
    Location : Earth-that-is

    Re: Video Games

    Post  kevbayer on July 3rd 2010, 11:16 am

    I play Guild Wars and DDO. I'm looking forward to giving Star Wars: The Old Republic a shot. I don't console game. All we have is a Wii, and that's for my kids to play, and for my wife to exercise with. I haven't gotten into single-player PC games, but I'm thinking I'd like to try some out.


    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3480
    Activity : 5014
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Paeter on July 3rd 2010, 11:45 am

    kevbayer wrote:I play Guild Wars and DDO. I'm looking forward to giving Star Wars: The Old Republic a shot. I don't console game. All we have is a Wii, and that's for my kids to play, and for my wife to exercise with. I haven't gotten into single-player PC games, but I'm thinking I'd like to try some out.


    What's DDO? I'm interested in Old Republic, too! Hope it's good!
    I love a few computer games but I tend to play ones that are about 5-10 years old because I don't think my computer could handle the newer ones. Do you find that you have to upgrade your PC very often, Kev?

    If you want to try a single player PC RPG (with the option of playing with friends online) I'd HIGHLY recommend Neverwinter Nights by Bioware.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    WhiteBoy
    Moderator

    Posts : 683
    Activity : 800
    Geek-Cred : 12
    Join date : 2010-06-29
    Age : 43
    Location : Arkansas

    Re: Video Games

    Post  WhiteBoy on July 3rd 2010, 12:41 pm

    I'm looking forward to TOR as well. It's probably going to pull me away from WoW. I don't know that it will *keep* me away, but almost certainly will be giving it a try.

    I played Guild Wars when it first came out for quite a while. It was a lot of fun.


    _________________

    hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

    Posts : 100
    Activity : 124
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-01
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Video Games

    Post  hvymtlcowboy on July 3rd 2010, 12:52 pm

    I would love to hook up with some of yall on NWN. If you want to try and hook up, gimme a shout.

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3480
    Activity : 5014
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Paeter on July 3rd 2010, 1:03 pm

    hvymtlcowboy wrote:I would love to hook up with some of yall on NWN. If you want to try and hook up, gimme a shout.
    I'm interested! I'll be playing one-on-one with a buddy soon, but I haven't tested the experience online so I'd love to give it a test run with you! Do you own the game already?


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

    Posts : 100
    Activity : 124
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-01
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Video Games

    Post  hvymtlcowboy on July 3rd 2010, 1:27 pm

    I have the original and Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark expansions too! So we can try and hook up anytime. I will warn you tho, I not technically minded evough to figure out all the nuances of a character. I will most likely gimp my own character. Very Happy

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3480
    Activity : 5014
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Paeter on July 3rd 2010, 1:32 pm

    hvymtlcowboy wrote:I have the original and Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark expansions too! So we can try and hook up anytime. I will warn you tho, I not technically minded evough to figure out all the nuances of a character. I will most likely gimp my own character. Very Happy

    Sounds great! And yeah, I've never gotten in-depth with the game, either. I almost always play straight up fighters. Just point and click at the bad guys, keep health potions handy and let mayhem ensue! So let me private message you and we'll figure out a time!



    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

    Posts : 100
    Activity : 124
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-01
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Video Games

    Post  hvymtlcowboy on July 3rd 2010, 1:58 pm

    Awesome.

    Tim
    Moderator

    Posts : 202
    Activity : 248
    Geek-Cred : 4
    Join date : 2010-07-02
    Age : 35
    Location : New Orleans, LA

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Tim on July 3rd 2010, 8:49 pm

    I've been playing Splinter Cell: Conviction on my X-Box 360 ever since it came out, with a brief interlude for the Reach Beta. Right now, I'm just trying to rack up on achievements.

    I started to do the Co-op Campaign with a friend online but we couldn't finish it before he had to bring it back to Blockbuster.

    Looking forward to playing two NEW but OBSCURE games...one is called Mass Effect (#1) and the other is Fable 2...yeah, I'm just getting around to these. Really looking forward to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and i really need to pick up Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands.

    Anybody on X-Box Live?

    Paeter, have you tried Splinter Cell: Conviction? I think you could handle this. Doesnt really require a lot of hand eye coordination, just planning and stealth...then you could just mark and exicute people.

    ><>


    _________________
    ...

    ><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

    PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

    ><>

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3480
    Activity : 5014
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Paeter on July 3rd 2010, 10:27 pm

    Tim wrote:

    Paeter, have you tried Splinter Cell: Conviction? I think you could handle this. Doesnt really require a lot of hand eye coordination, just planning and stealth...then you could just mark and exicute people.

    ><>

    Whew. I don't know. I already get a little stressed now and then with Mass Effect 2, which let's me pause and examine my surroundings at any time.

    I just get really frustrated in games where you die and end up playing the same part over and over again. That's why I never did beat Super Mario Brothers without a game genie. (Start new life, run into pit, start new life, run into pit, rinse and repeat...)

    So if you dig puzzle games and you're on a 360, can I assume you really dig "Portal"?


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Tim
    Moderator

    Posts : 202
    Activity : 248
    Geek-Cred : 4
    Join date : 2010-07-02
    Age : 35
    Location : New Orleans, LA

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Tim on July 3rd 2010, 10:53 pm

    Paeter wrote:
    Tim wrote:

    Paeter, have you tried Splinter Cell: Conviction? I think you could handle this. Doesnt really require a lot of hand eye coordination, just planning and stealth...then you could just mark and exicute people.

    ><>

    Whew. I don't know. I already get a little stressed now and then with Mass Effect 2, which let's me pause and examine my surroundings at any time.

    I just get really frustrated in games where you die and end up playing the same part over and over again. That's why I never did beat Super Mario Brothers without a game genie. (Start new life, run into pit, start new life, run into pit, rinse and repeat...)

    So if you dig puzzle games and you're on a 360, can I assume you really dig "Portal"?

    Actually, I've never played Portal. I had no desire to play Half-Life 2 and only a passing interest in playing Team Fortress 2 so I never picked up the Orange Box. Not having picked up the Orange Box, I couldn't pick up the DLC Portal not-really-a-sequel thing...I did however play the Portal Flash game.

    I may perhaps have to pick it up eventually.

    In Splinter Cell: Conviction there aren't many spots were you die and retry over and over. Most of the time it's planning and waiting for an opportunity and taking people down in shadows. But, as a change of pace from other Splinter Cell games, if you mess up and get spotted you can go into high gear to get out of trouble. The best thing about Co-op is that each person can cover the other persons back. And if you have a newer person and an experience person, the experienced person can kind of carry the weight until the other gets comfortable.

    If you decide to pick it up, let me know. I'll help you run thru it and get comfortable with the game mechanics.

    ><>


    _________________
    ...

    ><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

    PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

    ><>

    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

    Posts : 653
    Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Hackmodford on July 3rd 2010, 11:31 pm

    Portal! Now that is one game definatley worth playing just because it's soo different.

    You should like that Paeter? No rush in that game. Makes you really use your brain though...

    I can't wait for the sequel.


    _________________
    Click to Listen



    Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3480
    Activity : 5014
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Paeter on July 4th 2010, 1:49 am

    Hackmodford wrote:Portal! Now that is one game definatley worth playing just because it's soo different.

    You should like that Paeter? No rush in that game. Makes you really use your brain though...

    I can't wait for the sequel.

    I tried the demo and really liked the pacing of it. If my wife had time for video games anymore it's probably one we would play together (thinking together with one on the controller) because she LOVES logic puzzles, where I suck at them. But I think Portal would eventually become too difficult for me playing solo.

    Maybe someday when I'm smarter. Wink


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    kevbayer

    Posts : 17
    Activity : 19
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-02
    Age : 43
    Location : Earth-that-is

    Re: Video Games

    Post  kevbayer on July 4th 2010, 4:51 pm

    Paeter wrote:
    kevbayer wrote:I play Guild Wars and DDO. I'm looking forward to giving Star Wars: The Old Republic a shot. I don't console game. All we have is a Wii, and that's for my kids to play, and for my wife to exercise with. I haven't gotten into single-player PC games, but I'm thinking I'd like to try some out.


    What's DDO? I'm interested in Old Republic, too! Hope it's good!
    I love a few computer games but I tend to play ones that are about 5-10 years old because I don't think my computer could handle the newer ones. Do you find that you have to upgrade your PC very often, Kev?

    If you want to try a single player PC RPG (with the option of playing with friends online) I'd HIGHLY recommend Neverwinter Nights by Bioware.

    DDO is Dungeons and Dragons Online. It's free to play (and free to download).
    A bunch of the really cool single-player games out there are way to advanced for my computers. No, I don't upgrade my PC very often at all (can't afford to). My desktop at home is a single-core Celeron 2.5 with about a gig and a half of ram and an OLD OLD ATI graphics card (it's either PCI or AGP, not PCIe). It runs Guild Wars and DDO great. MMOs tend to have lower system reqs than most of the current (last few years) non-MMO PC games (especially "Games For Windows" labeled games).

    My new lappy is a dual core 2.2 pentium with 4 gigs of ram and a crappy Intel on-board video, but it still meets minimum reqs for some games, so I'm eventually going to give them a try.

    We did buy my wife a new desktop for her job. Similar reqs to my lappy, but we upgraded the powersupply and the video card so she could get better graphics out of her games. (She writes about MMOs for a living.)


    I've heard NWN is good. But I'm a stickler for good graphics. How's it compare?


    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

    Posts : 42
    Activity : 58
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-06
    Age : 20
    Location : Managua, Nicaragua

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Digdug445 on July 6th 2010, 3:36 am

    Anyone here have any good iPod Touch/iPhone games? I have some good shooters two first-person(Brothers in Arms:Global Front, and Eliminate) and a third-person(exo-planet). Also all of those have online games, if anyone wants battle it out with me, my username for all of those is digdug445, the same as this.

    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

    Posts : 653
    Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Hackmodford on July 6th 2010, 9:11 am

    Digdug445 wrote:Anyone here have any good iPod Touch/iPhone games? I have some good shooters two first-person(Brothers in Arms:Global Front, and Eliminate) and a third-person(exo-planet). Also all of those have online games, if anyone wants battle it out with me, my username for all of those is digdug445, the same as this.

    Yep I do. Want suggestions? What do you like?


    _________________
    Click to Listen



    Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!

    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

    Posts : 42
    Activity : 58
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-06
    Age : 20
    Location : Managua, Nicaragua

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Digdug445 on July 6th 2010, 11:41 am

    Hackmodford wrote:
    Digdug445 wrote:Anyone here have any good iPod Touch/iPhone games? I have some good shooters two first-person(Brothers in Arms:Global Front, and Eliminate) and a third-person(exo-planet). Also all of those have online games, if anyone wants battle it out with me, my username for all of those is digdug445, the same as this.

    Yep I do. Want suggestions? What do you like?

    Anything fun and free. tongue

    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

    Posts : 42
    Activity : 58
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-06
    Age : 20
    Location : Managua, Nicaragua

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Digdug445 on July 7th 2010, 1:37 pm

    Hey anyone who has any iPhone or iPod touch and wants a good 3D MMORPG(Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game, for anyone who doesn't know what that stands for). There is a good free one out called Pocket Legends. You can fight zombies, skeletons, etc. as an Enchantress,Warrior, or Archer. Its something I think Paeter would like. Wink

    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

    Posts : 653
    Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Hackmodford on July 7th 2010, 1:39 pm

    Digdug445 wrote:Hey anyone who has any iPhone or iPod touch and wants a good 3D MMORPG(Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game, for anyone who doesn't know what that stands for). There is a good free one out called Pocket Legends. You can fight zombies, skeletons, etc. as an Enchantress,Warrior, or Archer. Its something I think Paeter would like. Wink

    I couldn't get into it... because I don't really have internet at home...

    But a good game that's available right now is Archetype. It's like Halo Online but on the iphone... totally awesome! and beat eliminate to the ground (It's 2.99)


    _________________
    Click to Listen



    Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!

    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

    Posts : 42
    Activity : 58
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-06
    Age : 20
    Location : Managua, Nicaragua

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Digdug445 on July 7th 2010, 1:40 pm

    Ok I'll look it up. Thanks

    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

    Posts : 653
    Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Hackmodford on July 7th 2010, 1:43 pm

    Also the "Secret of Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge" Just came out today.

    Monkey island is just awesome scratch


    _________________
    Click to Listen



    Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!

    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

    Posts : 42
    Activity : 58
    Geek-Cred : 0
    Join date : 2010-07-06
    Age : 20
    Location : Managua, Nicaragua

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Digdug445 on July 7th 2010, 1:49 pm

    Ok uh Just wondering is it free cause I have $0.18 of iTunes cash? lol

    Sponsored content

    Re: Video Games

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:18 pm


      Current date/time is December 2nd 2016, 7:18 pm