The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Alabama Survivors

hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Activity : 124
    Geek-Cred : 0

Alabama Survivors

Post  hvymtlcowboy on May 9th 2011, 3:40 pm

I live in the Southern part of the US and we were recently ravaged by a series of Tornadoes. These storms have caused tremendous amounts of damage and there has been a large number of injuries and death. I and my family are fine (Praise God). We are dealing with the loss of our house though. I ask that all my SB friends will keep everyone in this area in your prayers. Even though I have lost some of my possessions, I count myself blessed to see God working through the people and churches here. I have had more offers of help and comfort than I ever would have believed. We just recently got our internet back. I know some who are still living off of generators. I know that the Lord hears and answers prayers, so pray for those people that still have needs.

mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 697
    Geek-Cred : 38

Re: Alabama Survivors

Post  mindspike on May 9th 2011, 3:53 pm

Job wrote:Blessed be the name of the LORD.
    Are those the tornadoes that passed us by? I'm on the southern edge of Indiana, and this last mess of storms caused all kinds of trouble in the area, mostly flooding. Many of our neighbors were flooded out of their homes, though no one lost their home to the waters, praise God. So glad to hear of the Lord's protection and provision!

Opposing Forces powered by Fate!

hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Post  hvymtlcowboy on May 9th 2011, 10:40 pm

I assume it probably was part of the same stormfront. I am not really certain. I have never been in the middle of something like this. I live about 50 miles North of Birmingham AL and we have had tornadoes before, just never this many or of this magnitude. Never this many at once. Cullman was hit by an F4 and that is about 30 miles from us. A much smaller one passed within 200 yards of where we were staying with my parents.

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5022
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on May 10th 2011, 4:45 pm

I am praying for you, Steve. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. It sounds like you're getting assistance from the church, which is always awesome to hear. But if there are any remaining needs that I can try to mobilize our community for, please let me know.

www.spiritblade.com

hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Post  hvymtlcowboy on May 12th 2011, 11:42 pm

Thanks, Paeter. Prayers are enough right now. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:48 pm

Current date/time is December 5th 2016, 7:48 pm