The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Share
    avatar
    Rickster

    Posts : 1309
    Activity : 2114
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 34

    Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  Rickster on Sat 14 May - 23:17

    Just in case you guys didn't know some movies have what's called Tag scenes. Which are scenes at the end of the credits and since Iron Man 2's Tag scene involved Thor's hammer I made my dad sit through the credits to see if there was one and I was right only I don't understand it.
    What did Nick Fury show the guy (I don't remember his name but the guy who was helping Jane (natile sp Portman)?
    I first thought it was the location of Capt. America but why would Loki care about that?
    I think it's pretty obvious that Loki was controling that guy but was he controling him the whole time or was he just doing it in this scene?
    If anyone has any idea please let me know
    avatar
    mindspike
    Admin

    Posts : 644
    Activity : 799
    Geek-Cred : 39
    Join date : 2010-08-24
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  mindspike on Sun 15 May - 1:50

    The object in question, my friend, is a Cosmic Cube, a staple of Marvel cosmology for many years now.

    And it means that Avengers is going to be freaking cosmic!

    As for the Loki thing. It seems unlikely that Loki was controlling the old man at the time, and certainly not from the beginning of the movie. Loki is often seen whispering motivations in a character's ear, I suspect that is what was happening. If not, well, it would not be the first really horribly non-sensical element used in the execution of the Thor screenplay.


    _________________
    -Winston Crutchfield
    "The rational mind is dangerous; the Christian mind is devastating."
    http://criticalpressmedia.com
    Opposing Forces powered by Fate!
    avatar
    Rickster

    Posts : 1309
    Activity : 2114
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 34

    Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  Rickster on Thu 2 Jun - 22:08

    mindspike wrote:The object in question, my friend, is a Cosmic Cube, a staple of Marvel cosmology for many years now.

    And it means that Avengers is going to be freaking cosmic!

    As for the Loki thing. It seems unlikely that Loki was controlling the old man at the time, and certainly not from the beginning of the movie. Loki is often seen whispering motivations in a character's ear, I suspect that is what was happening. If not, well, it would not be the first really horribly non-sensical element used in the execution of the Thor screenplay.

    Thanks Mindspike Do you think a Cosmic Cube will be featured in Captain America?
    avatar
    mindspike
    Admin

    Posts : 644
    Activity : 799
    Geek-Cred : 39
    Join date : 2010-08-24
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  mindspike on Fri 3 Jun - 13:28

    I doubt we'll see the Cosmic Cube in the Captain America film, the trailers just seem a little too grounded for them to jump right into the cosmic stuff. But you never know.

    I suspect that CA will end with Cap getting frozen in ice, and we'll have a tag on the end of SHIELD finding him that way. That would be the classic story element.

    Other tellings of the CA tale have taken different routes to get him to the present, included Rob Liefeld having him be "immortal" and repeatedly memory wiped by SHIELD (shudder), and having Cap travel through time, so at this point anything goes, I guess.


    _________________
    -Winston Crutchfield
    "The rational mind is dangerous; the Christian mind is devastating."
    http://criticalpressmedia.com
    Opposing Forces powered by Fate!
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4241
    Activity : 6075
    Geek-Cred : 53
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 39
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  Paeter on Sun 5 Jun - 2:13

    mindspike wrote:I doubt we'll see the Cosmic Cube in the Captain America film, the trailers just seem a little too grounded for them to jump right into the cosmic stuff. But you never know.

    I suspect that CA will end with Cap getting frozen in ice, and we'll have a tag on the end of SHIELD finding him that way. That would be the classic story element.

    Other tellings of the CA tale have taken different routes to get him to the present, included Rob Liefeld having him be "immortal" and repeatedly memory wiped by SHIELD (shudder), and having Cap travel through time, so at this point anything goes, I guess.

    My vote is for the classic "frozen in ice" bit. They used it well in "Ultimates".

    About the cube, I'm no Marvel fanboy, but I definitely know about the cosmic cube and have read a couple stories that featured it prominently. How could you tell it was the cube? My memory is fuzzy now, but they seemed to be looking at some tech-based gizmo that could have been any number of things. What detail(s) did I miss that flagged it as "the cosmic cube"?


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    Rickster

    Posts : 1309
    Activity : 2114
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 34

    Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  Rickster on Mon 6 Jun - 1:26

    Paeter wrote:
    mindspike wrote:I doubt we'll see the Cosmic Cube in the Captain America film, the trailers just seem a little too grounded for them to jump right into the cosmic stuff. But you never know.

    I suspect that CA will end with Cap getting frozen in ice, and we'll have a tag on the end of SHIELD finding him that way. That would be the classic story element.

    Other tellings of the CA tale have taken different routes to get him to the present, included Rob Liefeld having him be "immortal" and repeatedly memory wiped by SHIELD (shudder), and having Cap travel through time, so at this point anything goes, I guess.

    My vote is for the classic "frozen in ice" bit. They used it well in "Ultimates".

    About the cube, I'm no Marvel fanboy, but I definitely know about the cosmic cube and have read a couple stories that featured it prominently. How could you tell it was the cube? My memory is fuzzy now, but they seemed to be looking at some tech-based gizmo that could have been any number of things. What detail(s) did I miss that flagged it as "the cosmic cube"?

    That's my vote too.
    That story line was featured in Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heros and the Lionsgate Animated Avengers movie and anything else would confuse the kids and Casual Marvel fans (like me)
    avatar
    mindspike
    Admin

    Posts : 644
    Activity : 799
    Geek-Cred : 39
    Join date : 2010-08-24
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  mindspike on Mon 6 Jun - 18:22

    Paeter wrote:About the cube, I'm no Marvel fanboy, but I definitely know about the cosmic cube and have read a couple stories that featured it prominently. How could you tell it was the cube? My memory is fuzzy now, but they seemed to be looking at some tech-based gizmo that could have been any number of things. What detail(s) did I miss that flagged it as "the cosmic cube"?

    My fanboy senses were tingling.... The object shown at the end of Thor showed a cube inside a box lined with high-tech gear. That, plus Fury's description of it is why I say it is a Cosmic Cube. This has since been confirmed by Marvel Studios, never fear!

    The first Cosmic Cube in the comics was created by AIM, from their experiments with "Element X", and it now appears that the origin of the Cosmic Cube will be a plot element of the Captain America movie - as this released still from the movie shows a deliciously evil Red Skull (Hugo Weaving) basking in its power.



    I suppose that's fitting. I'm used to thinking of the Cube in connection with cosmic stuff like the Silver Surfer and Nova, but for many years it was a staple of the Captain America comics, and a focal point of conflict between him and the Skull. In fact, come to think of it, the Red Skull has been the wielder of a Cosmic Cube more times than any other Marvel villain, including Thanos and Doctor Doom.

    Awesome sauce!


    _________________
    -Winston Crutchfield
    "The rational mind is dangerous; the Christian mind is devastating."
    http://criticalpressmedia.com
    Opposing Forces powered by Fate!
    avatar
    Rickster

    Posts : 1309
    Activity : 2114
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 34

    Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  Rickster on Thu 14 Jul - 17:25

    Here's the clip



    I can tell it's a cube now
    avatar
    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 4241
    Activity : 6075
    Geek-Cred : 53
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 39
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  Paeter on Thu 14 Jul - 17:54

    mindspike wrote:
    The object shown at the end of Thor showed a cube inside a box lined with high-tech gear.

    I must have been trying to figure the whole interior of the case out and didn't see what was right in front of me.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com
    avatar
    Rickster

    Posts : 1309
    Activity : 2114
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 34

    Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  Rickster on Fri 15 Jul - 1:49

    I suspect that CA will end with Cap getting frozen in ice, and we'll have a tag on the end of SHIELD finding him that way. That would be the classic story element.

    Well acording to this TV Spot that is what goiing to happen



    I'm actually surprised that, that scene was shown in TV spot either they just showed us the ending/tag scene or they are going to find him in the begining of the movie and his story will be told in a long Flashback

    Sponsored content

    Re: Didn't understand Thor's ending

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 11 Dec - 14:16