The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

9/11/2001

Rickster

Activity : 1935
    Geek-Cred : 16

9/11/2001

Post  Rickster on September 10th 2011, 3:30 am

Since Sunday is the 10th anniversary of the attack i thought I'd ask some questions about that day
    1. Where were you when you first heard about the attack?
    2. Did you know anyone who was killed in the attacks
    3. How did that day change you?

My answers are
    1. I didn't learn about the attack until I got to school that day. My teacher had the TV on which was unusual and I asked what was going on and she told me
    2. Nobody I knew personally but someone I went to High School with dad was on the plane that hit the second tower.
    3. Heaven was never more real to me then that day and the days following in at any brief moment I could be facing eternity

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50

Re: 9/11/2001

Post  Paeter on September 12th 2011, 10:41 pm

Rickster wrote:
    1. Where were you when you first heard about the attack?
    2. Did you know anyone who was killed in the attacks
    3. How did that day change you?

It was just a few months before Holly and I were married. I was still living with my parents and my dad woke me up and told me to check out the news just before he had to leave for work. I went to work a few hours later, though we closed early that day and I went to Holly's apartment to wait for her to come home, too.
    I didn't know anyone personally, but Holly has family around the areas attacked, and I had a really good friend in the military, so we were very concerned until we heard from people.
    For good or ill, I don't think that day changed me much in the long run. I think the same is true of lots of people. I remember thinking that what I believed God was calling me to would change radically, because surely now people would have a hunger for truth, a hunger for seeking God. And while there was a spike in interest regarding God, our pastor mentioned yesterday that church attendance across America is actually less now than it was before 9/11.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is December 4th 2016, 1:21 pm