The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

did I miss something

Rickster

Activity : 1942
    Geek-Cred : 16

did I miss something

Post  Rickster on January 23rd 2012, 4:04 pm

So in the last podcast when Paeter talked about the movies coming out in 2012 he mentioned The Avengers and the new Spiderman but failed to mention the Dark Knight Rises or did he mention it and I just missed it?

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5031
    Geek-Cred : 50

Re: did I miss something

Post  Paeter on January 23rd 2012, 6:15 pm

You're right. Dark Knight Rises and several others weren't mentioned, but only because I hadn't come across any interesting tidbits about them that aren't already pretty common knowledge among fans of the movies.

Christopher Nolan runs a tight ship and doesn't let much leak out! But if you've heard any goodies you'd like to share, please post them here or send them my way! Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com

Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub on January 28th 2012, 12:25 am

Paeter (feel free to add this to your next podcast if you wish), you commented in your recent podcast about seeing the poster for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

I listened to the unabridged audiobook (actually reading isn't something I have a lot of time for anymore). I can assure you this is not a movie that is intended (if it's faithful to the book) to have a lot of humor in it, if any at all. Okay, I found humor in the fact that part of the book takes place in Evansville, IN, where I live).

If you don't know anything about the book, it takes place in an alterverse where vampires are real. But as with most vampire lore, they tend to hide from society and feed in secret. Abe is introduced to the profession of hunting them early in life, and we follow his training and continuation of hunting through his career. It's well written, with good character development. The author did a nice job using actual historical events in both the US and in Abe's personal history to weave a vampire story into.

As we all know, Abe Lincoln is killed in the Ford theater. The events leading up to and following his death are very nicely done from both the true history and from the alter-history angles. All I can say is, the book was a worthy read. I am hoping the movie will do it justice and be a worthy trip to the theater.

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5031
    Geek-Cred : 50

Post  Paeter on January 28th 2012, 6:26 pm

Cool! Thanks for the info. I'm even MORE interested now!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:30 am

Current date/time is December 7th 2016, 5:30 am