The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Introductions

Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Introductions

Post  Drew.Rub on July 10th 2010, 2:34 pm

Greetings. Just wanted to introduce myself to the rest of the forum. My name is Drew, and I just want to say that Spiritblade productions, the Spiritblade Underground Podcast, and In Search of the Truth have become a weekly high point for me. I look forward to getting to know and grow with other forum users.

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5022
    Geek-Cred : 50

Re: Introductions

Post  Paeter on July 10th 2010, 3:09 pm

Hi Drew!

Thanks so much! Great to hear and even greater to have you here!
    Anything in particular you like to "geek out" over?

www.spiritblade.com

Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub on July 10th 2010, 10:23 pm

I can geek out over Star Wars, or just about antyhing else. Dr. Who is a good Geek topic too. Very Happy

hvymtlcowboy
    Alliance Member

Activity : 124
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  hvymtlcowboy on July 11th 2010, 7:49 am

Welcome. I'm sure we can find all kinds of things to talk about.

jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 194
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  jorowi on February 26th 2013, 2:04 pm

OK, I finally decided to join this forum. I know, I've been listening and contributing for years but I just never got around to it, OK? You can find out more than you want to know about me at the website in my signature.

BTW, this thread should be a sticky thread so new members can find it and make intros.

Twitter

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on February 26th 2013, 2:25 pm

jorowi wrote:OK, I finally decided to join this forum. I know, I've been listening and contributing for years but I just never got around to it, OK? You can find out more than you want to know about me at the website in my signature.

BTW, this thread should be a sticky thread so new members can find it and make intros.

Woohoo! Welcome, Welcome!

And thanks for the tip. Good idea! I've made the change.

www.spiritblade.com

WhiteBoy

Activity : 802
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy on February 26th 2013, 11:19 pm

jorowi wrote:OK, I finally decided to join this forum. I know, I've been listening and contributing for years but I just never got around to it, OK? You can find out more than you want to know about me at the website in my signature.

Welcome aboard John! I've been listening to your podcast for a while now and enjoy it. Smile We home-school our children and I ran across it through that link.

ComiKate

Activity : 366
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate on May 6th 2013, 4:48 am

I introduced myself a while ago (I'm approaching my one year anniversary of the Spiritblade Underground community, yea!), in a separate post.

I just noticed there's an introduction Sticky now (is that new or did I just overlook it all this time?Shocked ) so just to keep things nice & tidy and complete, here's the link to that other thread:

Hi there, it's me

Wink Cool

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on May 6th 2013, 11:11 am

Woohoo! One year of ComiKate awesomeness!

The thread was just added a couple of months ago.

www.spiritblade.com

TheTJ

Activity : 15
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  TheTJ on May 6th 2013, 5:54 pm

Ah yes, I suppose I'd better introduce myself here.

My name's TJ and I'm a Doctor Who addict. That's seriously the biggest part of my personality. Beyond that I try to spread out my geekery over as wide a range as possible. Movies, TV, Video Games, Comics, RPGs, I dabble in them all. Quite a bit more than dabble with Movies actually.

I came here on the recommendation of Matt, the Star Trek review guy. Hopefully sometime soon you'll be hearing some content from me on Doctor Who in the podcast and eventually a full fledged review video series on Youtube.

Lessee... what else?... Oh, more on Doctor Who you say? Sure!
    Favourite Doctor: Sylvester McCoy
    Favourite Companion: Rory
    Least Favourite Doctor: Peter Cushing (What? I can't choose one of the main cast)
    Least Favourite Companion: Rose. So much Rose.
    Favourite TARDIS (Exterior): Current era
    Favourite TARDIS (Interior): Seasons 25/26

I thihnk that about covers the basics. Nice to be here!

UKSteve

Activity : 238
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  UKSteve on May 9th 2013, 4:38 am

Welcome TJ Smile

I probably have an intro post somewhere in the dim and distant past, I've been dropping in occasionally for ages...

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the good Doctor though Smile

DNArington

Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington on May 9th 2013, 10:01 pm

Welcome TJ! I can't say I'm the biggest Doctor Who fan, but I know there is quite a few here!

45shiro45

Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2

Post  45shiro45 on May 29th 2013, 10:49 pm

Greetings all!

My name's Jeff, and I'm a middle-aged, dyed-in-the-wool geek (been that way since about age four watching Star Trek reruns with my Grandpa in the early to mid-seventies)...

I'm much less extreme or obsessive than I used to be, but that may just have a lot to do with the fact that there is so much that I'm into, I have to spread the love around a bit.

I'm into:

All things C.S. Lewis, all things J.R.R. Tolkien, Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel and DC superhero movies, movies in general I suppose, Japanese sci-fi like Macross and Mobile Suit Gundam (Universal Century *only* because I'm an old fuddy-duddy), paleontology (that means dinosaurs for the non-science-lovers out there), playing games on the Xbox (largely consisting of action, role-playing, and action-role-playing games)... Is that enough?
    Oh, and I forgot to mention collecting models and figures of the above-mentioned Macross and Gundam franchises plus high-end dinosaur collectibles...

Regarding movies, I'm much more of a raving fan and much less of a jaded critic. I LOVED Avatar, I really liked the first and third Transformers films, and my favorite film of all time is The Matrix (not for the action, but for the dense and layered existential and spiritual metaphors), get the picture? ;-p
    I especially love parsing out spiritual themes and metaphors in movies in light of my Christian faith. I tend not to be too much of a literalist in my interpretation of said metaphors, and can usually find something of value in almost anything.

Anyway, this is turning into a book, and I promised my wife we'd cuddle and watch a movie tonight. I look forward to the interactions here, and God bless! :-)

Rickster

Activity : 1941
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster on May 30th 2013, 9:43 pm

Welcome to the Forums
    How did you discover Spirit blade?

45shiro45

Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2

Post  45shiro45 on May 30th 2013, 9:54 pm

Thanks!

I did a search for Christian geek podcasts and came up with this one, Strangers & Aliens, and a few others... I really like the podcast and Bible study, and I really dig Strangers & Aliens too... Not much into audio drama per se, but I really like what Paeter's doing and how he's turned a passion into a ministry. Pretty phenomenal! Very Happy

Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 76
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Dreamerhorwitz on May 31st 2013, 6:59 pm

Welcome to the forums, Jeff. Very Happy

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on June 5th 2013, 12:40 pm

Welcome, Jeff!

Sounds like you and I have a number of things in common!

I watched Gundam Wing on cartoon network during college. It was the first ongoing anime series I really enjoyed! (It still had some anime pet peeves of mine, but on the whole I thought it was great.)

I'm also a HUGE Matrix fan, equally for the action and philosophy. And I love DC comics characters. (Though I'm not happy with the general state of the DCU right now.)

I can really relate to your spreading out of geek passion. I used to be all about comics, and then movies and video games were a significant second, followed by fantasy novels. But these days I've been less and less satisfied with comics and movies, more and more satisfied with video games, and in the last 2-3 years my longtime love of board games has leaped forward and taken the front row seat a number of times.

Time is short, so I find myself just eliminating "good" geek experiences in my life altogether in favor of only "AWESOME" geek experiences.

www.spiritblade.com

disneydreamer20

Activity : 1
    Geek-Cred : 0

Introducing myself

Post  disneydreamer20 on August 11th 2013, 9:25 pm

Hello world of Christian Geek Central forum,
    My name is Maggie. As you can tell from my username, I am a huge disney fan. I'm also a big Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Merlin, Once Upon a Time, Big Bang Theory, and Downton Abbey fan. Plus I love anything having to do with science, math, or reading. I have always wonder if it's okay to be a christian and love all these geeky things, but this website is blessing from God that I have found other christian geeks like me. It's amazing what God can do through geeks.

Rickster

Activity : 1941
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster on August 12th 2013, 2:36 am

As a fellow Disney fan let me welcome you to the forums. How did you hear about Christian Geek Central (almost called it Spirit Blade I guess i still got to get use to the new name)

ComiKate

Activity : 366
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate on August 12th 2013, 5:45 am

Hi Maggie,
    Welcome to the forums! I've been hanging here for a year now, and still lovin' it!

Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 76
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Dreamerhorwitz on August 12th 2013, 7:50 am

Welcome to the forums, Maggie!
    I'm a fellow Disney fan also, though I'm more for the old films and the Disney Renaissance.

Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub on August 12th 2013, 11:59 am

Welcome to the community, Maggie.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on August 12th 2013, 4:26 pm

disneydreamer20 wrote: It's amazing what God can do through geeks.
    I'm a firm believer in this statement. God has wired geeks to do, create and think about amazing things. My biggest hope is that this community will help to draw out the potential that God has created and is waiting to energize in each geek living for him.

Welcome to the forums, Maggie! You'll find a fair number of Dr. Who fans here to compare notes with! I haven't been converted yet, but someone new is working on me every week, it seems. It may only be a matter of time.

www.spiritblade.com

tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill on August 12th 2013, 7:03 pm

Welcome to the community!

I liked almost all the shows that you posted, either way though, what are some of your favorite authors?

DNArington

Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington on August 12th 2013, 10:02 pm

Welcome Maggie!

If by Sherlock you mean the BBC series, I would have to enthusiastically agree! That show is amazing! If you mean the Robert Downy Jr./Jude Law movies, I would also have to agree! The first one might just be my favorite non-sci-fi movie ever!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:49 pm

Current date/time is December 5th 2016, 9:49 pm