The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Silver Surfer and Galactus

    Share

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Silver Surfer and Galactus

    Post  DNArington on August 6th 2012, 10:45 pm

    Fox Striking ‘Fantastic Four’ Deal with Marvel for ‘Daredevil’ Rights: http://screenrant.com/fantastic-four-movie-rights-daredevil-director-joe-carnahan/


    This is great news! I love the Silver Surfer and I've wanted a great Silver Surfer trilogy for a long time! It would be awesome if they could introduce him in the Gardians of the Galaxy movie somehow. Maybe a after credits scene where you see Galactus and/or Silver Surfer or maybe even in the movie itself! However I would like to see his orgin story realized on the big screen. And also Galactus SHOULD NOT BE A BIG PLANET EATING CLOWD!!! Evil or Very Mad That was not cool. He should be a giant guy with his funny looking helmet and all. It would be fine if they changed his largely purple color (they did Hawkeye's). He dosn't need to show up in The Avengers 2; neither does the GofG either IMO.


    Anyway I find this very exciting, what do you guys think?

    Drew.Rub

    Posts : 503
    Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Silver Surfer and Galactus

    Post  Drew.Rub on August 9th 2012, 7:40 am

    DNArington wrote:
    Anyway I find this very exciting, what do you guys think?

    I always find news of potential superhero movies exciting. I tent to temper it with the reminder that many times such films have failed miserably. If the franchise is handled by a fan, or at least someone who respects the hostory of the characters, then I wait with anticipation.

    BenAvery

    Posts : 220
    Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2012-03-20

    Re: Silver Surfer and Galactus

    Post  BenAvery on August 10th 2012, 9:07 am

    Recent news has been they are just letting the rights to Daredevil expire . . .

    http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/fox-insiders-no-galactus-talks-with-marvel/

    Only time will tell, at this point.

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Re: Silver Surfer and Galactus

    Post  DNArington on August 13th 2012, 8:42 pm

    BenAvery wrote:Recent news has been they are just letting the rights to Daredevil expire . . .

    http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/fox-insiders-no-galactus-talks-with-marvel/

    Only time will tell, at this point.

    That's a bummer. I was hoping to see the Silver Surfer in the MMU. I doubt Marvel will start a Daredevil series for quite a while with everything they have on their plate right now.

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3498
    Activity : 5040
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Silver Surfer and Galactus

    Post  Paeter on August 14th 2012, 6:51 pm

    Drew.Rub wrote:

    I always find news of potential superhero movies exciting. I tent to temper it with the reminder that many times such films have failed miserably.

    I think the more superhero flicks I see, the more I realize that the best medium for superhero stories... is comic books.

    Not that some amazing superhero movies haven't been made. We've even had a good string of them over the course of a year or so within the last five years. But there are still just as many or more over the course of a decade that fall short, and even the best ones never quite realize the full potential of the property they're handling.

    So I don't get my hopes up like I used to, and see even movies about my favorite characters with increasing curiosity and decreasing anticipation.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Re: Silver Surfer and Galactus

    Post  DNArington on August 15th 2012, 12:50 am

    Paeter wrote:
    Drew.Rub wrote:

    I always find news of potential superhero movies exciting. I tent to temper it with the reminder that many times such films have failed miserably.

    I think the more superhero flicks I see, the more I realize that the best medium for superhero stories... is comic books.

    Not that some amazing superhero movies haven't been made. We've even had a good string of them over the course of a year or so within the last five years. But there are still just as many or more over the course of a decade that fall short, and even the best ones never quite realize the full potential of the property they're handling.

    So I don't get my hopes up like I used to, and see even movies about my favorite characters with increasing curiosity and decreasing anticipation.

    I can understand that train of thought, but I still get excited when they announce all these comic-book movies. Usually I have to scrunch down some of that excitement before watching it, because you can imagine the perfect movie but no one can make it. Also I was introduced to superheros though the first Spiderman movie and movies are my favorite form of storytelling, so personally I like superhero's in movies best, whether it be animated (DC has been putting out some great animated features) or live-action. You can definitively go into more depth in a book, which I love, but I still prefer movies.

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3498
    Activity : 5040
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Silver Surfer and Galactus

    Post  Paeter on August 15th 2012, 10:05 pm

    You're right about the good DC animated stuff. I think, when done right, the mediums I most enjoy superheroes in would be ranked:

    1. Comics
    2. Video Games (again, "when done right", so this is RARE)
    3. Movies
    4. Animation
    5. Novels


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Re: Silver Surfer and Galactus

    Post  DNArington on August 22nd 2012, 1:30 pm

    Paeter wrote:
    2. Video Games (again, "when done right", so this is RARE)

    Speaking of superhero video games, have you played Batman: Arkham City? I am playing through it now on the PS3 and it is fantastic! If it stays as good as it has been so far, this could be my new favorite video game!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Silver Surfer and Galactus

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:52 am


      Current date/time is December 8th 2016, 6:52 am