The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Introductions

HeavensDisciples

Activity : 8
    Geek-Cred : 0

About Heaven's Disciples

Post  HeavensDisciples on May 12th 2018, 3:22 am

Paeter wrote:Hi Rodney! Welcome! So what kind of geeky stuff are you into?

Hi, Paeter! Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually a one man band. LOL.

• Heaven's Disciples is my multimedia entertainment company that I'm building.
    • HD has various divisions; and some of those divisions have subdivisions. I can't post any links yet, but links to my sites are at heavensdisciples dot com.
    • The HD Publishing division is the brain of the company; it's for book publishing. I'm working on mostly fiction/novels. These novels will be franchised into products in the remaining divisions. All of our fiction, even if the characters from various books are never in the same book, belong to the HD Universe; a cohesive fictional universe that includes Tierra (Spanish for Earth) and the planets in the Atlantica system. So if we recruit an author that writes about a real place on Earth (called Tierra by Atlanticans), even if those characters are never in any other HD Publishing books and don't know anything about the Atlantica system, they'll still belong to the cohesive fictional universe. I created a timeline, which I'll never stop updating, for the HD Universe starting from 400 BCE to 2200 CE, as far as the Atlantica worlds go.
    • The HD Comics division, of course, is where our novels will be turned into comic books. Some of the comic books series will be merged to create graphic novels. I'm going to attach my very first attempt at comics; it's a draft version of the Exo-Frames comic book teaser that I made a couple of days ago.
    • The HD Pictures division is for the indie films that my company is going to create once I can hire staff. I plan on embracing Web media by doing webisodes at first.
    • The HD Games division will feature PC, console, app, and tabletop card games based on the HD Universe.
    • The HD Music division is the heart of the company; our music is the heartbeat of HD. We've released music from my friend, The King's Disciple, on Amazon, iTunes, Bandcamp, Google Play, etc.
    • The HD Store division is a company and talent merchandise store that I'm still developing and designing.
    • The HD Wear division is my clothing label. I created my first shoe design at the beginning of this week. I'm waiting for the pair to be shipped out, along with an HD logo t-shirt.

Last edited by HeavensDisciples on May 14th 2018, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AdamCollings

Activity : 782
    Geek-Cred : 3

Re: Introductions

Post  AdamCollings on May 13th 2018, 6:50 pm

Some very ambitious goals you've got there, Rodney. Looks like you've got some good talent.
    HeavensDisciples

Post  HeavensDisciples on May 13th 2018, 7:53 pm

Thanks, Adam. I do have a ways to go.

Great website you have going there. I'll check out your show.
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 640
    Geek-Cred : 6

Post  jorowi on May 14th 2018, 8:36 am

Welcome, Rodney!

What are some of your artistic influences? Your company looks interesting but we also want to know about you!

Twitter
    HeavensDisciples

Post  HeavensDisciples on May 14th 2018, 10:21 am

jorowi wrote:Welcome, Rodney!

What are some of your artistic influences? Your company looks interesting but we also want to know about you!

Thanks, John.

I take inspiration from many places-- films, comic books, real life science and astronomy, the Bible, console and PC games, my imagination, and sometimes even my own dreams.

I'm heavily influenced by the Star Trek, Firefly, and Stargate universes. farao
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6489
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on May 14th 2018, 10:44 am

HeavensDisciples wrote:

I take inspiration from many places-- films, comic books, real life science and astronomy, the Bible, console and PC games, my imagination, and sometimes even my own dreams.

I'm heavily influenced by the Star Trek, Firefly, and Stargate universes. farao

Sweet! Your work looks pretty cool!

What kinds of comics are you into? I've recently been getting back into comics a bit more and am largely a DC fan, although I also really enjoy the Marvel Ultimate Universe (RIP).

www.spiritblade.com
    HeavensDisciples

Post  HeavensDisciples on May 14th 2018, 11:30 am

Paeter wrote:
    Sweet! Your work looks pretty cool!

What kinds of comics are you into? I've recently been getting back into comics a bit more and am largely a DC fan, although I also really enjoy the Marvel Ultimate Universe (RIP).

Thanks, Paeter. I'm a Marvel fan, but mostly because of X-Men. The idea of mutant gifts reminds me of spiritual gifts. I don't read the books themselves, as much as I do keep up with the universe. I like hearing about fictional universes. But I do read comics when it comes to Apocalypse.

I watch a lot of films and analyze how the fictional world was set up. What I agree and disagree with; what I like and don't like about the worlds. I also keep up with YT channels like The Templin Institute, Spacedock, and Eckharts Ladder. I also appreciate classical sci-fi films, as there may be more story than special effects. For example, Enemy Mine was a classic; It wasn't about special effects; the film had a much deeper meaning and the sci-fi world was just a background to the story.

As of lately, I've started checking out anime and manga, which I hadn't been into in decades. Animated films can sometimes have some really interesting elements, features, and details that standard films may not even think about. Cowboy Bebop having a spaceship that can land  on water and set up to allow for fishing is a pretty cool and practical concept.
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 6489
    Geek-Cred : 56

Post  Paeter on May 15th 2018, 8:26 am

[quote="HeavensDisciples"]
    Paeter wrote:
    Enemy Mine was a classic; It wasn't about special effects; the film had a much deeper meaning and the sci-fi world was just a background to the story.

I've been curious about that movie for years but never gotten around to it. Sounds like the kind of movie that may have aged well, though. So I guess I'll keep a sharper eye out for it!

www.spiritblade.com
    HeavensDisciples

Post  HeavensDisciples on May 15th 2018, 11:24 pm

Paeter wrote:
    HeavensDisciples wrote:
    Paeter wrote:
    Enemy Mine was a classic; It wasn't about special effects; the film had a much deeper meaning and the sci-fi world was just a background to the story.

I've been curious about that movie for years but never gotten around to it. Sounds like the kind of movie that may have aged well, though. So I guess I'll keep a sharper eye out for it!

You should definitely check it out!
    fxruizx

Activity : 166
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  fxruizx on May 16th 2018, 8:46 am

HeavensDisciples wrote:
    Paeter wrote:
    HeavensDisciples wrote:
    Paeter wrote:

You should definitely check it out!

For what it's worth, Retro Rewind Podcast rated Enemy Mine a Classic: http://retrorewindpodcast.com/132 (though if you listen be warned of the onslaught of "Ummm"s in that episode).

Shameless self promoting aside: Welcome Rodney!! Heaven's Disciples sounds like an awesome and ambitious undertaking; looking forward to seeing what comes out from it Very Happy
    HeavensDisciples

Post  HeavensDisciples on May 16th 2018, 4:40 pm

fxruizx wrote:
    For what it's worth, Retro Rewind Podcast rated Enemy Mine a Classic: http://retrorewindpodcast.com/132 (though if you listen be warned of the onslaught of "Ummm"s in that episode).

Shameless self promoting aside: Welcome Rodney!! Heaven's Disciples sounds like an awesome and ambitious undertaking; looking forward to seeing what comes out from it Very Happy

Thanks, I'm glad to be here. I'll check out the podcast. I look forward to see what comes out of it also. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 21st 2018, 2:00 pm