The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Smallish prayer request

Activity : 104
    Geek-Cred : 0

Smallish prayer request

Post  Rohelf on July 12th 2010, 12:41 pm

Maybe this is a bit petty compared to some of the other things people are asking for prayer support on here, but it's important to me.

<sarc> Did you know that if someone's weight and general appearance are do not meet "certain standards", it's perfectly okay to tell them so? In fact, you're really doing them a favor, because the humiliation will motivate them to fix the problem ASAP, in order to avoid it in the future. And be sure to remind them that they don't want to mess up someone else's upcoming big event by looking less-than-stellar at it. Because, you know, all such problems are quickly and easily fixable, if only you point them out... because ugly people have no idea how bad they look without you to tell them so. </sarc>

This delightful PSA brought to you by: members of my own family. Embarassed So, um, yeah, you see my problem. Can't avoid them, at least not for very long, escpecially not with the aforementioned Upcoming Big Event. So I figure the best way to handle this is to pray for four things:

1) To not break down in front of these people and give them the satisfaction of knowing they scored a hit.
    2) To also not lose control in the other direction and boot them in the head. Even if they really, really ask for it, and their guard is wide open. (File under: Prayers you don't really want answered, but know you ought to pray Neutral )
    3) To counterattack these people in the only "approved" way I know, by succeeding and proving them wrong, thus choking them on their own regurgitated nastiness.
    4) To not make myself sick doing #3. Not cool. No

Alliance Member

Activity : 124

Re: Smallish prayer request

Post  hvymtlcowboy on July 12th 2010, 1:14 pm

That has to be one of the most un sensitive thing I have ever heard! As I sit here at my keyboard I have to actually pause in order to grasp this concept. I have to say that the only thing I can think of in response is maybe the devil has gained a foothold on their shoulder and has been whispering in their ear.

I pray that you will have wisdom in your dealings with these people, and not that you will find patience, but that you will be able to employ the patience you already have to the best of your ability. I pray that your path will be eased and that you will have many comforters to help you along this difficult part of your journey. All these things I ask in our Savior's name, Jesus Christ. -Amen-

I wish you luck in your future meetings with this person (which I would try to keep to a minimum.)

Activity : 4888
    Geek-Cred : 49

Post  Paeter on July 12th 2010, 4:49 pm

This is no small prayer need. I'm praying for you, Rohelf. Please let me know if I can do anything else.

-Seek The Truth!

Activity : 229
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  UKSteve on July 13th 2010, 9:13 am

Ouch Crying or Very sad You can choose your friends, as the saying goes...

If it helps, you sound like a fun person to have around, and if you're ever in the UK you're welcome at any Big Event I happen to be having!

Seriously though, that does suck, and as petty as it may seem, God cares that you feel bad. Praying that you find a solution that doesn't make you sick.

Activity : 10

Post  Cerddaf on July 13th 2010, 2:31 pm

I've met this.
    Of course to do it properly, and "in love" (tm) you should really do it as a prayer eg during grace, asking God to enlighten some amongst us who don't understand the importance of honouring Him by dressing properly/having the right taste in music/having the right hobbies.

If you get it right, you can be sanctimonious for hours, although of course it does mean the dinner gets cold.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:06 pm

Current date/time is October 22nd 2016, 10:06 pm