The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    I new Left Behind movie

    Share

    Rickster

    Posts : 1190
    Activity : 1941
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    I new Left Behind movie

    Post  Rickster on October 20th 2012, 1:20 am

    I had heard rumors about a remake of the Left Behind movies and was hoping for something closer to the books. It's to early to tell but it looks like they might get Nic Cage to be in it.

    What do you think of him being in it?
    and who do you think he'll play?

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/vic-armstrong-direct-left-behind-reboot-381323

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Re: I new Left Behind movie

    Post  DNArington on October 21st 2012, 2:29 am

    I have never the original movies. I fully intend to and I believe my Church library has a copy of at least the first one, so I will probably get it from there. The main reason I've held off on those movies is because they deal with the end times and that is a controversial subject and I'm unsure if I will agree with what they are presenting.

    As for Nic Cage, I can't take him seriously even if he is in a serious role, so unless we're going the end-times-comedy route I wouldn't want him in there.

    UKSteve

    Posts : 178
    Activity : 238
    Geek-Cred : 8
    Join date : 2010-07-09
    Location : England

    Re: I new Left Behind movie

    Post  UKSteve on October 21st 2012, 2:17 pm

    DNArington wrote:unless we're going the end-times-comedy route I wouldn't want him in there.
    I thought Left Behind was an end-times-comedy?

    Drew.Rub

    Posts : 503
    Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: I new Left Behind movie

    Post  Drew.Rub on October 21st 2012, 9:41 pm

    Rickster wrote:I had heard rumors about a remake of the Left Behind movies and was hoping for something closer to the books. It's to early to tell but it looks like they might get Nic Cage to be in it.

    What do you think of him being in it?
    and who do you think he'll play?

    I am disappointed that someone feels the need to remake the movies that have already been done by Krik Cameron. I absolutely love the first three films that he's helped work on. I've been wanting another movie to come out in that series.

    However, that being said, I do sincerely hope that a "remake" will turn into a true "relaunch" and we'll get more than just a one off movie. As for Nic Cage, I just can't take him seriously as a movie star anymore. I don't know why. I kinda hope that he'll play Nicolae Carpathia. I'm interested in seeing how well he could pull off the antagonist in the film. I would have serious doubts about him playing either Raf or Buck.

    DNArington

    Posts : 547
    Activity : 731
    Geek-Cred : 28
    Join date : 2012-02-01

    Re: I new Left Behind movie

    Post  DNArington on October 22nd 2012, 12:13 am

    UKSteve wrote:
    DNArington wrote:unless we're going the end-times-comedy route I wouldn't want him in there.
    I thought Left Behind was an end-times-comedy?

    It could be. I know nothing about the books and as I said I have never seen the original movies. Rolling Eyes

    Rickster

    Posts : 1190
    Activity : 1941
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Re: I new Left Behind movie

    Post  Rickster on October 22nd 2012, 7:25 pm

    Drew.Rub wrote:
    Rickster wrote:I had heard rumors about a remake of the Left Behind movies and was hoping for something closer to the books. It's to early to tell but it looks like they might get Nic Cage to be in it.

    What do you think of him being in it?
    and who do you think he'll play?

    I am disappointed that someone feels the need to remake the movies that have already been done by Krik Cameron. I absolutely love the first three films that he's helped work on. I've been wanting another movie to come out in that series.

    However, that being said, I do sincerely hope that a "remake" will turn into a true "relaunch" and we'll get more than just a one off movie. As for Nic Cage, I just can't take him seriously as a movie star anymore. I don't know why. I kinda hope that he'll play Nicolae Carpathia. I'm interested in seeing how well he could pull off the antagonist in the film. I would have serious doubts about him playing either Raf or Buck.

    I was hoping for something that was closer to the books and the fact that they want to turn it into a trilogy doesn't really make it sound like they will.
    I think he's to old to playa Carpathia and Buck and I don't picture him as raford Maybe he could be Bruce

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3486
    Activity : 5022
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: I new Left Behind movie

    Post  Paeter on October 23rd 2012, 12:49 pm

    $15 million strikes me as a microscopic budget for a "disaster movie" (even if Cage waives his pay), which is the aspect they reportedly plan to emphasize.

    Honestly, I kinda hope this movie isn't made. Only because I'm afraid it will be one more example of Christian themed entertainment that feels cheap and poorly made. If you're going to make a "disaster movie", get the budget for one first, otherwise your flick is just going to be quickly compared to better (or at least more expensive) films and then dismissed by all but the hardcore book fans or Christians who just kid themselves into thinking its great because it was made "for the Lord".

    Add to that the relative inexperience of the director and... I don't know. I think this movie has a DIFFERENT kind of "disaster" written all over it. But I'd love to be wrong.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Drew.Rub

    Posts : 503
    Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: I new Left Behind movie

    Post  Drew.Rub on October 24th 2012, 10:31 pm

    Paeter wrote:Add to that the relative inexperience of the director and... I don't know. I think this movie has a DIFFERENT kind of "disaster" written all over it. But I'd love to be wrong.

    Somehow, I doubt you are.

    ProfessorAlan

    Posts : 104
    Activity : 115
    Geek-Cred : 3
    Join date : 2010-07-09
    Location : Central Ohio

    Re: I new Left Behind movie

    Post  ProfessorAlan on October 27th 2012, 3:31 pm

    Much of this sounds like a bad idea.

    Rickster

    Posts : 1190
    Activity : 1941
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Re: I new Left Behind movie

    Post  Rickster on December 29th 2012, 2:56 am

    Update Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill House of Wax) has been cast as Buck

    Sponsored content

    Re: I new Left Behind movie

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:51 pm


      Current date/time is December 5th 2016, 7:51 pm