The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central


    Star Wars Holiday Special

    Share

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3483
    Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Paeter on December 15th 2012, 2:18 pm

    I don't care what anyone says. Lucas can do no wrong. Everything "Star Wars" is flawless gold. Jar-Jar is a cherished part of Star Wars continuity, and so is the Holiday Special. Don't let anyone tell you different. Happy Life Day!


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Rickster

    Posts : 1186
    Activity : 1935
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Rickster on December 15th 2012, 3:47 pm

    I saw a small part of it on youtube a few years back but never saw the whole thing. I'll have to do that one of these days

    Drew.Rub

    Posts : 503
    Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Drew.Rub on December 16th 2012, 4:52 pm

    Paeter wrote:I don't care what anyone says. Lucas can do no wrong. Everything "Star Wars" is flawless gold. Jar-Jar is a cherished part of Star Wars continuity, and so is the Holiday Special. Don't let anyone tell you different. Happy Life Day!

    Paeter, I'm giving you a negative geek cred vote on this, simply because having watched a great fan edit of Star Wars, I'm convinced that Jar Jar, the Gungans, and probably the Ewoks were NOT a necessary part of the show to make the story good.

    as for the Holiday special, I give my own self a negative geek credit, simply because I've never actually SEEN it.

    CreatorsPixels

    Posts : 182
    Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8
    Join date : 2010-10-19
    Location : Ohio

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  CreatorsPixels on December 17th 2012, 1:01 pm

    I've watched the Holiday special just as a StarWars fan, couldn't figure out why it took me 20 years to hear it existed.....well till about 5 min into it!! I had a hard time beliving Lucas made it. I likely won't watch it again, but its an interesting bit of history now!! Wink Then again I'm not hardcore. I just like a good starwars show. I had no issue w/ Jar Jar or w/ the new clone wars shows. If you can believe that 100's of races exist, surely not all of them are skilled and graceful...would have to be a couple kookie ones!! There was a couple of Ewok spinoffs to if you really wanna go down that road!

    Drew.Rub

    Posts : 503
    Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Drew.Rub on December 17th 2012, 1:07 pm

    CreatorsPixels wrote:I've watched the Holiday special just as a StarWars fan, couldn't figure out why it took me 20 years to hear it existed.....well till about 5 min into it!! I had a hard time beliving Lucas made it. I likely won't watch it again, but its an interesting bit of history now!! Wink Then again I'm not hardcore. I just like a good starwars show. I had no issue w/ Jar Jar or w/ the new clone wars shows. If you can believe that 100's of races exist, surely not all of them are skilled and graceful...would have to be a couple kookie ones!! There was a couple of Ewok spinoffs to if you really wanna go down that road!
    I think it took me slightly longer to realize the holiday special existed, so I turn in som egeek cred for that as well. I love the new Clone Wars series. Too bad we know where it'll end. And I do see your point about there being all kinds of civilizations inhabinting the universe. Kookie, annoying, and quirky ones as well as the suave, debonaire, and normal kinds.

    CreatorsPixels

    Posts : 182
    Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8
    Join date : 2010-10-19
    Location : Ohio

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  CreatorsPixels on December 17th 2012, 3:59 pm

    Ok, well I will admit it was really only 2 years ago I found it. I thought it was made in the 80's though. After checking, it was made in 1978 I see, so I guess that is more like 30 years for me.

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3483
    Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Paeter on December 17th 2012, 4:32 pm

    Drew.Rub wrote:

    Paeter, I'm giving you a negative geek cred vote on this, simply because having watched a great fan edit of Star Wars, I'm convinced that Jar Jar, the Gungans, and probably the Ewoks were NOT a necessary part of the show to make the story good.

    Oh, I agree. That was actually all thickly applied sarcasm. I'm a Star Wars fan, but plenty of things about it drive me nuts. Basically you can read that entire post of mine as a "Bizarro World" post and discern my actual opinions about Lucas, Star Wars, Gungans and the Holiday Special.

    Which is why I recently said on the show that the Star Wars franchise out of Lucas' hands = MASSIVE improvement.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Paeter
    Admin

    Posts : 3483
    Activity : 5019
    Geek-Cred : 50
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Mesa, AZ

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Paeter on December 17th 2012, 4:34 pm

    That said, every Star Wars fan should force themselves to watch the entire Holiday Special once... preferably with friends you can laugh, groan or scream in horror with.


    _________________
    -Seek The Truth!

    www.spiritblade.com

    Drew.Rub

    Posts : 503
    Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Drew.Rub on December 17th 2012, 5:33 pm

    Paeter wrote:That said, every Star Wars fan should force themselves to watch the entire Holiday Special once... preferably with friends you can laugh, groan or scream in horror with.

    I"ll have to find some friends to fit that bill. Mindspike, you up for it!?

    Rickster

    Posts : 1186
    Activity : 1935
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Rickster on December 17th 2012, 6:30 pm

    My Christmas Gift to you guys.

















    How long is this thing?



    Part X was blocked by Fox on grounds of copy Copyright (like anyone actually got that far)


    Drew.Rub

    Posts : 503
    Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18
    Join date : 2010-07-07
    Age : 43
    Location : Evansville, IN

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Drew.Rub on December 17th 2012, 6:47 pm

    Stang, Rickster. Now I have to find some time to actually watch it! Smile You're about to make my wife a Star Wars widow, you realize that?

    tmorrill

    Posts : 335
    Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20
    Join date : 2012-02-04
    Age : 29
    Location : Portland, OR

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  tmorrill on December 17th 2012, 7:15 pm

    I'd totally be down to watch the Holiday Special, but there's a rock I have to hit against my head first! Smile

    Rickster

    Posts : 1186
    Activity : 1935
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Rickster on December 18th 2012, 1:25 pm

    Drew.Rub wrote:Stang, Rickster. Now I have to find some time to actually watch it! Smile You're about to make my wife a Star Wars widow, you realize that?

    I didn't post the whole thing I kind of gave up after I saw Part 10 was blocked and I couldn't find Part 11 and there was at least 15 parts that I saw if anyone knows another plae to watch it let me know

    cleireac

    Posts : 235
    Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7
    Join date : 2011-08-02
    Age : 50
    Location : I am here.

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  cleireac on December 18th 2012, 11:04 pm

    Then there's the Holiday Special we all could have gotten behind: http://youtu.be/QMmaO6MzK4E

    BenAvery

    Posts : 220
    Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2012-03-20

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  BenAvery on December 19th 2012, 1:31 am

    I will see your Star Wars Holiday Special . . .

    And raise you one Donny and Marie Osmand Star Wars special . . .

    http://strangersandaliens.com/2012/12/starwarspecial/

    Only ten minutes long. Time dilation makes it seem longer.

    And one thing they knew that George Lucas didn't? That Luke and Leia were brother and sister . . .

    BenAvery

    Posts : 220
    Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2012-03-20

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  BenAvery on December 19th 2012, 1:35 am

    Oh, and as far as geek cred goes . . . I saw the Holiday Special on TV!!! When it aired!

    It was a second Star Wars movie, as far as little Benjy Avery was concerned. Little Benjy Avery didn't consider if it was canon or not . . . it happened, it was Star Wars, it was real.

    cleireac

    Posts : 235
    Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7
    Join date : 2011-08-02
    Age : 50
    Location : I am here.

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  cleireac on December 19th 2012, 1:01 pm

    Ben, I feel your pain. I can never completely erase the memory of that "special." On TV.

    Rickster

    Posts : 1186
    Activity : 1935
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2010-07-05
    Age : 33

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Rickster on December 19th 2012, 1:10 pm

    I'm surprised that it hasn't been relesed on DVD it seems like even if it's bad A lot of Star Wars Fans would want to own since it's Star Wars and it has the first apperence of Boba Fett in it.

    BenAvery

    Posts : 220
    Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16
    Join date : 2012-03-20

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  BenAvery on December 19th 2012, 1:37 pm

    The Boba Fett material HAS been released on the Blu-Ray, I believe. But none of the rest.

    Sad, really.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Star Wars Holiday Special

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:14 am


      Current date/time is December 4th 2016, 5:14 am