The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Yay! My Voice Is Jacked Up!

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 5031
    Geek-Cred : 50

Yay! My Voice Is Jacked Up!

Post  Paeter on January 29th 2013, 6:02 pm

I finally got just the kind of cold I've wanted for months! That may sound strange, but there are two scenes in Spirit Blade 3 that Merikk's voice needs to sound really worn out for, but without being nasally congested.

The cold I have now is all in my throat, nasal passage as clear as day. So last night and this morning I did some recording that I think listeners will be amazed to hear. Not because of my performance, but because of the unique sound quality of my voice in the state that it's in.

I suppose that's one of the benefits of having such a prolonged production cycle and always being available to record. In movies, plays, video games, you name it, the actor usually has to kind of "put on" or mimic a physically distressed voice, or spend a day screaming if they have the time and luxury. I'm pretty psyched that I'll be able to create a performance that, at least in one respect, is fairly unique!

Woohoo!

Of course, unique does not equal good, so hopefully everything else works out, too. ;-)

www.spiritblade.com

Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 791
    Geek-Cred : 44

Re: Yay! My Voice Is Jacked Up!

Post  Nathan James Norman on January 29th 2013, 6:18 pm

Paeter wrote:I finally got just the kind of cold I've wanted for months! That may sound strange, but there are two scenes in Spirit Blade 3 that Merikk's voice needs to sound really worn out for, but without being nasally congested.

The cold I have now is all in my throat, nasal passage as clear as day. So last night and this morning I did some recording that I think listeners will be amazed to hear. Not because of my performance, but because of the unique sound quality of my voice in the state that it's in.

I suppose that's one of the benefits of having such a prolonged production cycle and always being available to record. In movies, plays, video games, you name it, the actor usually has to kind of "put on" or mimic a physically distressed voice, or spend a day screaming if they have the time and luxury. I'm pretty psyched that I'll be able to create a performance that, at least in one respect, is fairly unique!

Woohoo!

Of course, unique does not equal good, so hopefully everything else works out, too. ;-)

ummmm....er....hmmmmm..... Praise God!

Question

lol!

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on January 30th 2013, 9:38 pm

Nathan James Norman wrote:

ummmm....er....hmmmmm..... Praise God!

Question

lol!

You bet! After my voice was blown from recording I mouthed and "signed" to my wife that the whole thing was such a gift from God. She smiled, ALMOST laughed and rolled her eyes, then said, "well, good."

Of course now I've been silent for two days, drinking water like crazy and hoping my voice will be good enough in time to record the podcast! Otherwise "the computer" may have to play substitute!

www.spiritblade.com

Rickster

Activity : 1942
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster on January 31st 2013, 4:15 am

Is the reasons Merrick voice old sounding because he's old?

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on January 31st 2013, 3:42 pm

Rickster wrote:Is the reasons Merrick voice old sounding because he's old?

I believe the phrase I used was "worn out". Beyond that... I'll leave to speculation for now.

www.spiritblade.com

Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 76
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Dreamerhorwitz on January 31st 2013, 11:55 pm

Now that is spiritual intervention! Very Happy

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter on February 1st 2013, 8:31 pm

Dreamerhorwitz wrote:Now that is spiritual intervention! Very Happy

Yeah. I'll tell you that some of the times I see God most clearly are in the creative process, and all the "accidents" that lead to something that works really well.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:28 am

Current date/time is December 7th 2016, 5:28 am